LOS ANGELES, Nov 20 — The travel website has unveiled the winners of its 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards for All-Inclusive Resorts, based on reviews and ratings from its users. According to TripAdvisor’s ranking, all of the top ten all-inclusive resorts are located in the Caribbean, Mexico or the Dominican Republic.
To determine the winners of its 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards for All-Inclusive Resorts, based on guest satisfaction, TripAdvisor took into account the ratings given by users of its website on each all-inclusive resort listed.
A glance at the list of the top ten resorts suggests that Latin America and the Caribbean are the best places to find satisfaction in an all-inclusive vacation. At the top of the list is the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, located on the Playa del Carmen in Mexico, the country home to five of the top ten resorts in TripAdvisor’s list.
The remainder of the list is populated by resorts in Cuba, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. The luxurious Royalton Cayo Santa Maria (in second place in TripAdvisor’s ranking) is located on a small island just north of Cuba.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 All-Inclusive Resorts Worldwide:
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
- The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Excellence Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
- Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
- Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, Bahia de Samana, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
— AFP Relaxnews