LOS ANGELES, Sept 22 — Disney CEO Bob Iger spoke to the state of the Star Wars universe as well as December 2016’s Rogue One at a September 21 conference.
Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia, The Walt Disney Company’s chairman and CEO, Bob Iger, took a moment to provide a personal insight on December 2016’s Star Wars franchise entry, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
The cut that he had seen proves “really interesting in terms of ... storytelling” he said, according to The Wrap, while December 2017’s Star Wars: Episode VIII has completed shooting and is now going through the editing process.
As for Star Wars: Episode IX, it's expected 2019 with Colin Trevorrow of Jurassic Park and Safety Not Guaranteed directing.
It’s to be written by Rian Johnson of Looper, who directs Episode VIII, and Iger said that he had just received a pitch from Trevorrow as the film enters pre-production.
Iger also said that he had met with Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy just the day before in which the pair reviewed the Star Wars plans they had until 2020, and started talking about 2021 and beyond.
While a Han Solo's origin story is expected in 2018, with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller of the Lego Movie and Jump Street reboots at the helm, little is known of a third Star Wars Story for 2020.
Iger might not have let any juicy details slip, but he did say that a writer had already begun work on the film. — AFP-Relaxnews