Saturday September 20, 2014
04:47 PM GMT+8

Advertisement

More stories

Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the police were conducting an investigation on those attempting to have Sabah and Sarawak secede from Malaysia. ― Picture by Choo Choy MayHome Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the police were conducting an investigation on those attempting to have Sabah and Sarawak secede from Malaysia. ― Picture by Choo Choy MayLUMUT, Sept 20 — Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today warned a group of people comprising individuals living abroad as well as politicians to give up their attempt to have Sabah and Sarawak secede from Malaysia or face the law.

He said the police were conducting an investigation on these people, all of whom had been identified, and the papers would be sent to the attorney-general to initiate the prosecution.

Ahmad Zahid said some of these people wanted Sabah and Sarawak to come under a sultanate that no longer exists, some wanted the two states to be independent and some wanted them to join another country.

“I ask them to stop what they are doing or face the consequences,” he told reporters after opening the Lumut Umno Division delegates meeting here.

Ahmad Zahid, who is an Umno vice-president, these individuals were playing up the issue and instigating the people of the two states.

He said Sabah and Sarawak were very much a part of Malaysia and the question of neo-colonialism did not arise at all.

“They (the two states) know that their revenue and allocations are small compared to the allocations coming from the federal level,” he said.

Ahmad Zahid said the referendum conducted by the Cobbold Commission prior to the formation of Malaysia was endorsed by the United Nations and was still in force. — Bernama

MORE ON MMOTV

Advertisement

MMO Instagram

Tweets by @themmailonline