SUBANG JAYA, June 21 — There will be new criteria for the request for proposal (RFP) process to invite companies to be the master developer of Bandar Malaysia, Tan Sri Mohd Irwan Serigar Abdullah said today.
The newly appointed chairman of Bandar Malaysia said companies bidding the process must be top, world-renowned companies to ensure the project was developed at a top notch standard.
"We will be issuing the RFP by this week and there will be new conditions like they must be reputable ones and maybe one of the Fortune 500 companies," he told a news conference.
When asked, the Treasury secretary-general refused to say if the Iskandar Waterfront Holdings-China Railway Engineering Corp IWC-CREC consortium will be allowed to apply again.
IWC-CREC was previously awarded the contract to develop Bandar Malaysia.
"There are interested parties, that's all...we are yet to issue the RFP," said Irwan, who is also TRX City chairman.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had said that the termination of the previous agreement with IWC-CREC was final and will not be reinstated.
The Finance Ministry terminated the RM7.41 billion deal after the consortium failed to meet the payment deadline.
The yet-to-be-built Bandar Malaysia is located in nearly 500 acres of land in Sungei Besi that was previously occupied by the Royal Malaysian Air Force airbase, which Putrajaya transferred to 1Malaysia Development Bhd.
TRX City, or the Tun Razak Exchange, is planned as the next financial hub for Kuala Lumpur.