Last updated Monday, December 22, 2014 07:12pm

 The phone call that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah made from the cockpit before Flight MH370 took off is being investigated, MAS Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said today at the MH370 press conference at Sama Sama Hotel.  — Picture by Saw Siow Feng The phone call that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah made from the cockpit before Flight MH370 took off is being investigated, MAS Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said today at the MH370 press conference at Sama Sama Hotel. — Picture by Saw Siow FengSEPANG, March 21 — An international investigation has started on a phone call made from the cockpit of the Malaysia Airlines aircraft by its pilot before Flight MH370 took off on March 8, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said today.

Citing unnamed sources, UK tabloid The Sun reported an international team is trying to find the identity of person who had conversed over the phone with Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah from the cockpit scant minutes before Flight MH370 departed Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at 12.41am, two weeks ago.

The police had been ordered to dig deeper into the backgrounds of the 12 crew and 227 passengers after Malaysian authorities confirmed that the flight’s communications had been deliberately disabled before the Boeing 777-200ER swerved left from its eastward route to Beijing.

On March 15, the police had searched Zaharie’s and co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid’s houses, where they had recovered a self-built flight simulator, among other items, from the former’s home.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar told reporters that an examination of the flight simulator revealed that it contained three aviation programmes — Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator IX, and X-flight 10.

The two “Flight Simulator” titles are published by Microsoft and marketed to the public.

During the press conference yesterday, Khalid also revealed that the data logs of all three games were wiped out on February 3.

Malaysia has sent the home-made flight simulator to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the US to retrieve and analyse the deleted data.

On Wednesday, acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein reminded the public that all 239 people on board MH370 remain innocent until proven guilty.

Malaysia law enforcement officials previously informed the US counterparts that nothing suspicious was found on the personal computers of Zaharie and Fariq.

In the Gallery


  • Royal Australian Air Force Navigation and Communications Officer, Flying Officer Brittany Sharpe from 10 Squadron, coordinates all communications between her AP-3C Orion and other aircraft involved in the search for missing MH370 flight March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Members of Akhil Bharatiya Human Rights Organisation hold candles and placards as they take part in a candle light vigil for the well-being of passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, in Amritsar March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A message for passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is seen on big screen in Kuala Lumpur March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • (From left to right) Sebjoern Dahl of Hoegh Autoliners, Sturla Henriksen, managing director of Norwegian Shipowners' Association (NSA) and Ingar Skiaker, CEO of Hoegh Autoliners brief the media on movements of the‘Hoegh St. Petersburg’, in Oslo March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Royal Australian Air Force Flight Engineer, Warrant Officer Ron Day from 10 Squadron, keeps watch for any debris as he flies in an AP-3C Orion over the Southern Indian Ocean during the search for the missing MH370 flight, March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A member of the security team stands near a banner of messages for the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 inside a hotel where relatives of the passengers of the missing Boeing 777-200ER are staying at, in Putrajaya March 20, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A family member of a passenger onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 cries as he listens to a briefing from Malaysian government at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A woman walks past a message board in support of the passengers and family members of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, at a shopping mall in Bangsar near Kuala Lumpur March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A woman writes on the message board in support of the passengers and family members of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, at a shopping mall in Damansara March 21, 2014.― Reuters pic

  • A woman cries next to a pillar pasted with updates regarding the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 during a briefing by the Malaysian government at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A family member of a passenger onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 reacts during a briefing by the Malaysian government at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • A family member of a passenger onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 grabs his hair during a briefing by the Malaysian government at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Family members of passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 take pictures of radar information during a briefing by the Malaysian government at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Malaysia's Lieutenant General Ackbal Samad listens to a question from a family member of a passenger on board the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 during a briefing at a hotel in Beijing March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Chinese family members of missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 passengers look from inside a bus as they are transported from one hotel to another outside Kuala Lumpur March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Loadmaster Sergeant Adam Roberts scans the ocean during the search for the missing flight MH370 in this picture released by the Australian Defence Force March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Pilot Flight Lieutenant Conan Brett pilots a RAAF C-130J Hercules aircraft as it prepares to launch two Self Locating Data Marker Buoys in this picture released by the Australian Defence Force March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • An RAAF AP-3C co-pilot gives a thumbs up to ground crew upon his return from a search of Malaysian Airline Flight MH370 over the Indian Ocean, at RAAF Base Pearce north of Perth, March 21, 2014. ― Reuters pic

  • International television crews film alongside an RAAF AP-3C Orion aircraft which had just returned from a search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, at RAAF Base Pearce north of Perth, March 21, 2014. — Reuters pic

  • Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) AP-3C Orion crew members unload equipment after returning from a search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, at RAAF Base Pearce north of Perth, Australia, March 21, 2014. — Reuters pic

  • Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) AP-3C Orion crew members unload equipment after returning from a search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, at RAAF Base Pearce north of Perth, Australia, March 21, 2014. — Reuters pic

  • RAAF AP-3C Orion pilot Russell Adams speaks to the press upon his return from a search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 over the Indian Ocean, at RAAF Base Pearce north of Perth, Australia, March 21, 2014. — Reuters pic

  • Acting Minister of Transport Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein at a press conference at Sama Sama Hotel, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • Acting Minister of Transport Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein (centre) speaks to media representatives at a press conference at Sama Sama Hotel, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • Reporters and photographers attend the daily MH370 press conference at Sama Sama Hotel, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • An officer pats down a flight crew member at a security checkpoint at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • An officer checking a passenger's documents at a security checkpoint at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • An officer checking the tag of a KLIA personnel at a security checkpoint at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • An officer guarding the media area at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • A 'Come home, MH370' message seen at the viewing gallery at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

  • A 'Come home, MH370' message seen at the viewing gallery at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, on March 21, 2014. — Picture by Saw Siow Feng

Today, Hishammuddin said foreign intelligence agencies have cleared all passengers aboard the Beijing-bound plane of any suspicion of terror activities.