Last updated Tuesday, December 06, 2016 9:58 pm GMT+8

Tuesday November 29, 2016
03:52 PM GMT+8

UPDATED:
November 29, 2016
08:46 PM GMT+8

Advertisement

More stories

Bersih 2.0 chief Maria Chin Abdullah (left) shows the bullet and note written in red ink which she received this morning in Kuala Lumpur, November 29, 2016. Bersih 2.0 chief Maria Chin Abdullah (left) shows the bullet and note written in red ink which she received this morning in Kuala Lumpur, November 29, 2016. KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 29 — Bersih 2.0 chief Maria Chin Abdullah today said she has received a third death threat together with a live bullet delivered to her home.

Maria said the note, written in red ink, stated: “Last warning if not R.I.P Marina & family”.

“This is the kind of threat that I get prior to the rally. This kind of action should be condemned totally and the person who actually did this should be put in jail.

“I hope some action will be taken by the police to arrest the person who sent this threat,” she told reporters today.

Maria said she will lodge a police report soon on the death threat that came together with the .45 calibre bullet.

According to Maria, the envelope with the threatening message and bullet was likely delivered to her house on November 18, the day she was arrested, which was also the eve of the Bersih 5 rally.

Maria was detained under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 (Sosma) for 10 days and released yesterday.

She believed the the death threat and bullet to have been sent on November 18 as she had not seen the envelope on November 17 and had discovered it only this morning.

Maria said it was “disgusting and horrendous for people to stoop so low to actually do these kind of things to me and my family”.

“It's not necessary, after all, the rally was so peaceful, no rioting, no damages and there's no bloodshed, we were all peaceful. We have always been peaceful. There's no need for this kind of stupid act,” she said.

She also said there had been no news from the police yet on whether the perpetrator of two previous death threats against her and her family had been identified.

“If you remember, I had two death threats. Up to now, there has been no response from the police nor update from the police as to whether they found the person who did the sending of the Whatsapp message and this is the third,” she said.

The two previous death threats against Maria that were circulated through social media first surfaced in the run-up to the Bersih 5 rally.

MORE ON MMOTV

Advertisement

MMO Instagram

Tweets by @themmailonline