KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 15 — Former 1Malaysia Development Berhad chairman Tan Sri Mohd Bakke Salleh today dismissed an allegation he had said that a RM2.6-billion fund had come from 1MDB.
He said in a statement that he had never made any remark to that effect in his testimony to the Public Accounts Committee in its investigation into 1MDB.
His statement to the PAC was never discussed in the social media and he had never appointed anyone or any quarters to issue statements on his behalf, he said.
Mohd Bakke said he would lodge a police report on the matter and would not hesitate to take legal action against any individual who spreads falsehood in reference to and slandering him.
He was referring to rumours on social media quoting him as having said that the RM2.6 billion was from 1MDB funds.
It had been reported that the PAC had recorded the testimonies of Mohd Bakke and former 1MDB CEO Datuk Shahrol Azral Ibrahim Halmi on Feb 11 to help prepare the final audit report on 1MDB and the PAC report for tabling in Parliament.
Mohd Bakke advised social media users to exercise caution over any dissemination of speculative news and rumours, saying all information must be verified by authoritative sources. — Bernama