Last updated Tuesday, September 30, 2014 09:44pm

Debris found near the site where MH370 was last seen is not from the aircraft parts, clarifies Department of Civil Aviation Director-General Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman. — Picture by Mohd Yusof Mat IsaDebris found near the site where MH370 was last seen is not from the aircraft parts, clarifies Department of Civil Aviation Director-General Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman. — Picture by Mohd Yusof Mat IsaSEPANG, March 9 ― Debris reportedly found by the Singaporean and Vietnamese authorities near the site where MH370 was last seen did not come from the aircraft, Department of Civil Aviation director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman clarified today.

“Yes, they have found debris but that's not from the aircraft parts,” he told reporters at the last press conference of the day at Sama Sama Hotel here.

He added that while there has been “confirmed reports” of some oil spills, he said its source has yet to be verified.

Earlier today, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein confirmed that an oil slick was found in Vietnam waters where the missing Malaysia Airlines plane was last located, but added that no debris had been sighted yet.

It has been almost two days since the plane last communicated with the Subang Air Traffic Control, and many continue to speculate the plane has crashed in the Gulf of Thailand, some 250km south of Vietnam.

The last coordinates where the aircraft was last heard from at 1.30am yesterday morning puts it somewhere 120 nautical miles off Kota Baru.

The Beijing-bound aircraft was carrying 239 passengers onboard, including 12 crew members and two infants.