NEW YORK, May 17 — Meet cloud eggs, the latest food trend flooding your Instagram feed. (Unicorn lattes are so last week, by the way.)
So how do you make your breakfast look like a puffy mass that descended from the sky?
Basically, it involves a technique that makes the whites puff up — exactly like clouds.
According to The Washington Post:
- First, you separate the eggs and the yolks.
- Then you whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Stir in some Parmesan cheese (chives and ham, if you desire), and scoop out the fluffy eggs onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Make a little indentation for the yolk, but don't put it in yet.
- Bake the clouds for two minutes.
- Take them out and add the yolk. Bake for another three.
And voila! Your very own airy twist on traditional baked eggs.
TLDR? Watch the video below: